Monday, October 10, 2016

Helpful Hints: Cooking Bacon With Ease

Please join my list of Linky and Google friends when you visit my blog!
Thanks!
My friend, Diane, suggested this method for cooking a pound of bacon with less mess.
  Simply drape the slices of bacon over a pyrex bowl
and place the bowl into a larger microwave safe dish with sides.
I covered the entire bowl with wax paper to eliminate spatter in the microwave.
The bowl and dish collect the bacon fat.

Remove the bacon from the rim of the bowl while it is still hot and lay flat on paper towels.
It really works!

  I am linking to most of these BLOG PARTIES   

6 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...


I'll try this next time I cook bacon. I have been putting mine in oven on parchment paper on a cookie sheet

Pale Blue Corner said...

What a great idea! Especially that the microwave remains clean :)
Cheers,
Emese

Molly said...

I am very lucky that I have a husband who cooks the BEST bacon

Mollyxxx

An Oasis in the Desert said...

This is worth a try...bacon has to be my least favorite thing to cook because of the mess! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm totally going to have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!

The Charm of Home said...

That is a good idea. I always microwave between two paper towels. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter