Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recipe: Sausage and Cheese Triangles by Mrs Anderson



Delicious and easy hors d'oeuvre that freezes well.
Sausage and Cheese Triangles
(printable recipe)
Ingredients:
1 -16oz package of Kraft Velveeta cheese
1 - 12oz package of Jimmy Dean sausage meat (or any brand, Jimmy Dean is less fatty)
1 lb. package of rye cocktail bread


Directions:
Saute sausage meat in fry pan until cooked and broken up into small bits - a large fork works well for this. Pour off any excess fat that may form - not necessary with Jimmy Dean. Add Velveeta in pieces and stir over low heat until melted and mixed with sausage meat. Remove from heat.


Spread onto each slice of rye bread and lay side by side on cookie sheet. Freeze until solid then place into plastic bags for future use.

To cook, cut each square in half diagonally while still frozen, (or you can broil first and cut later),  place on foil lined cookie sheet, and broil until bubbly. This takes about 4 mins. but watch closely to prevent burning. Makes about 40 squares, 80 triangles.
I am linking to most of these BLOG PARTIES

16 comments:

CraftyMummy said...

Looks yummy and sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing.

Just popping over from Its So Very Cheri

Christie said...

Oh, my goodness! I am going to try these! They look delicious and simple for me! Coming over from It's So Very Cheri! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

Came over from It's So Very Cheri to say these look delicious! YUM!

Ami Allison said...

My husband is going to lose his mind when I make this for him!!! :)


I'm visiting from It's so Very Cheri! :)

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

These look awesome! My hubby would love these, cheese and sausage go so well together. :) They would be so great served a brunch too!

Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

A Little Bit of Everything! said...

Looks so yummy! My blog name is A Little Bit of Everything! also. :)

Visiting from It's So Very Cheri!

Nikki said...

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Traditions and sharing a great recipe. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I love that you can freeze it!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Those look so GOOD! I like the fact that you can freeze and reheat. We have to get up 5:30 each morning and still there isn't much time "skillet" breakfasts. I'd love to try this! Thank you for sharing!

momstheword said...

That's really cool. What a great idea to just take 'em out of the freezer and be ready to go to a party or something!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Unknown said...

these look amazing....i might have to make these for lunch today...my mouth is watering! thank you for linking up to TNSC

Unknown said...

OOooo, I should never surf the blog-o-sphere while hungry. :-) Those would be really good right about now. Yum!!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing on Thrilling Thursday!

Wendy said...

Hi! I found your blog from the Tuesday Night Supper Club. I love it and can't wait to try this egg dish! I would love to invite you over to visit my blog and perhaps join my Thursday Carnival (it's been a bit of a slow start) at Around My Family Table. Thanks.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Don't these look yummy! What a great party idea! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Gloria said...

Wow, this is the simplest recipe that I have ever seen, yet it looks absolutely delicious. I will definitely be trying these. Thank you for sharing!
Best regards,
Gloria

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter