Monday, March 15, 2010

Needlework: Easter Bunny Cozy

Each adorable "cozy" would make a cute table decoration at each placesetting at Easter dinner. The "cozy" fits over a large plastic candy filled Easter egg. Rather than make pompoms, I purchased them from A.C. Moore along with the cellophane bags. I made French knot eyes and embroidered a pink nose on each bunny.  This is a free pattern from Lion Brand .  They offer many other free patterns on this site.
STITCH EXPLANATION: sc2tog (sc decrease) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook.
NOTES:Work in continuous rnds; do not join or turn unless otherwise instructed.
COZY
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 4 sc in first ch. Place marker in first st for beg of rnd; move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc around - 8 sc.
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around - 12 sc.
Rnd 4: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around - 16 sts.
Rnd 5: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 3 sts, rep from * around - 20 sts.
Rnd 6: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 4 sts, rep from * around - 24 sts.
Rnds 7 -14: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 15: *Sc2tog, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around. Fasten off.


EARS (make 2)
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 4 sc in first ch. Place marker in first st for beg of rnd; move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around - 6 sc.
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * around - 8 sts.
Rnds 4-8: Sc in each st around. Fasten off.


FINISHING
Sew on beads to face. With B, embroider a straight st triangle for nose. Lightly stuff ears and sew to cozy. Following package directions, make a small pom-pom for tail. Sew tail to cozy. Weave in ends.









I am linking to
 Market Yourself Monday 
and Make it For Monday 
and  Made it Mondays 
and Metamorphosis Monday 
and It's So Very Creative Monday 
and Just Something I Whipped Up Monday 
and Do It Yourself Monday 
and Toot Your Horn Tuesday 
and Strut Your Stuff 
and Sew Cute Tuesday 
and Lucky Linky Tuesday 
Three or More Tuesday 
and Table Top Tuesday 
and Show And Tell Wednesday 
and Works for Me Wednesday 
and Thrifty Thursday 
and Transformation Thursday 
and with Frugalicious Friday 
and Easter Party 
and The Easter Roundup 
and Easter Party 



20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is the cutest and most clever thing I have ever seen. I just love the pretty bunnies. So pretty. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

These are absolutely adorable. I couldn't begin to make them, but I love looking at yours. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Ooh these are just adorable! Thank you for sharing your directions. :)

~Liz

Mom2fur said...

Those really make me smile! I'm always looking for new and quick crochet projects, so I'll definitely be giving this a try--thank you!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Those are suer cute! I wish I could make those! I'm lacking in the crochet dept! I'd probably end up with a blob! :)

Diane Schmidt said...

So cute! Looks like you're all ready for Easter.

Anonymous said...

too cute...


come check out my blog when you have a minute

Kammy said...

Very cute !
Kammy

One Cheap B*tch said...

These are adorable! Coming over from Met Monday - new follower!

Diane Schmidt said...

Thanks for participating in the linky!

ClassiclyAmber said...

Oh gracious! Those are so cute!! I love 'em! =-D

http://classiclyamber.com/blog/

Army Wife Quilter said...

how cool is that great job.

LuckyStarErin said...

Darling! I am enjoying your lovely blog. Beautiful photos!

Embellished Bayou said...

How precious, love these! Thanks so much for linking up to my Easter party, have a great weekend!

Jessa said...

Oh how cute. Fun way to make some smiles for the holiday. Love it! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh those are so precious. You are so creative.
Cheri

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! What a cute project! I hopped over from Somewhat Simple. I would love to invite you over to my place one day this week when you have a moment. until later...

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Those are so stinkin cute! love them! I'm so glad you joined the Easter Roundup!
Happy Easter!
Linda

TidyMom said...

how adorable!!

Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Well, these are darling! Thanks so much for linking them up...it's nice to have a craft in the mix (especially since I am *hopeless* at crafting!)

Happy Easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter