Thursday, June 17, 2010

Needlework: Blue Baby Blanket and Ducky

This baby afghan is made in blue this time and Ducky is crocheted in matching yarn.  Click here to see it in green and here for yellow.
Note: You can make the border wider if you so desire as I did on this afghan.

FEATHER AND FAN AFGHAN
Five 4 oz. skeins of knitting worsted
size 10 1/2 circular needles

Cast on 154 sts. K 6 rows for edge
Start pattern:
Row 1: K5 (border), K2 tog four times *(YO, K1) eight times; K2 tog. eight times
Repeat from * across to within 13 sts from the end. K2 tog four times, K5(border)
Row 2: K5, purl across, K5
Row 3: K across
Row 4: K5, purl across, K5
Repeat these four rows for 5 skeins, leaving enough yarn to end with 6 knit rows. It is helpful to use a marker for side borders.
I am linking to many of these BLOG PARTIES

18 comments:

Prior said...

That is just so sweet! The lovely blanket and the adorable duckie...I love them. Lezlee

Design It Chic said...

The duck looks so cute!
I am following you now thanks to Friendly Friday!! It would be nice if you would share back the love here! Happy Friendly Friday!

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

Wow, you did a really lovely job on those. I tried crocheting recently but only got as far as a few scarfs for my niece. That little duck is adorable!

Cranberry Morning said...

The afghan is lovely! If I weren't already a follower, I'd sign up. :-)

Show Me Mama said...

You have lovely blog. I am your new follower as well. Whenever you have a chance come by and visit my site and hope you follow me too at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I'm blown away! Fantastic job!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What a beautiful afghan! I treasure the ones made for each of my boys! Great job!

Kristi Flanagan said...

So sweet - nothing like a home made baby blanket. My kiddos treasure theirs! You did a wonderful job! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Hope to see you again next Friday!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Debbiedoos said...

Afgans have to be the best gift ever...this is so cute and comforting.

RecycleCindy said...

What a cute baby set! The duck and the other animals you add to your sets are all adorable.
Cindy

momstheword said...

This is pretty and I love the baby duck! What a great gift. Thank you for linking up today!

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Thank you for another lovely project on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

Kaysi said...

WOW that is amazing@ Great work!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

How cute! I love the duck! Great job on this.

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Anonymous said...

I love these combinations. The ducky is precious. I also really like the stitch you used. It's tight, yet not overly thick. A wonderful set!

Nikki said...

That duck is just TOO CUTE!!!!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is precious. You are so talented.

I wanted to let you know that your site is loading super slow. (Many times it is from the moving buttons.) Iemoved them and ask people to send me one that doesn't move.

Cheri

Unknown said...

adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter