Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters. ~George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby

A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874

Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. ~Author Unknown

It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown


Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter